axle nut vs. breaker bar + worst repair nominations

My vote:
Seems like a simple one, but replacing the damn front swaybar bracket on
the passenger side  that connects to the control arm.  I swear there is
no damn room between the axle and the bar, and the damn thing never
seems to want to line up, and the bar is one big spring so fat chance
getting it to move anywere permanently.  I must have spent 3 hours
saturday wrestling with the damn things, has to be the most frustrating
day working on the car I have ever had.
   Ive come to the conclusion that most things on the scirocco were
designed exceptionally well to be serviced, except where VW had to add
new options to the A1 chassis.  So we get stuff like the half-ass ac
system with associated radiator hose clusterfuck(16v), power steering
pump mounting system, front swaybar/bracket mess, rear disc brakes with
always-frozen ebrake,  all these were things tacked on to the original
design of the car, and bound to have compromises in their design.    But
these compromises really show through, as I just spent all weekend
taking care of 3 of the 4 in that list(deleted ac system, replaced every
ps mounting bracket becase all had broken, and the swaybar brackets that
I have broken at least 5 or 6 times, finally got the EM billet ones)

Eric Person
86.5 16v