Wiring Q: switched neg. or pos. which is better?

Another thing to keep in mind here, though, is that "current" is the
"flow" of positive charges.  Only thing is, positive charges (protons)
don't flow, electrons (negative charges) flow.  So electrons flow from
the negative side to the positive side.  Why then is current referred
to the other way around?  Current was discovered and understood
(mostly) before people really understood that aspect of atomic
physics, and it's difficult to change convention.
That said, in most cases a circuit is a circuit and if it's complete
it's on if it's not, it's off, and you can put the switch wherever you
damn well please.  I wouldn't mess with it.

-Grant-