Corrado seat opinions-experience?

-----Original Message-----
From: scirocco-l-bounces+fahrvegnugen=cox.net@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces+fahrvegnugen=cox.net@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of
Gordon Forbess
Sent: Saturday, April 09, 2005 10:29 AM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Corrado seat opinions-experience?

I'm considering upgrading my stock front seats to something with a bit
more support.  Corrado seats seem to be available and a popular
choice.  Anybody here using them?  What issues, if any, did you
encounter with the swap?

TIA

Gordon

I like mine.  Granted, keep in mind I have them in a GTI...

They will go lower than the 16V Scirocco seats, and if would seem that they
also go further back than them as well, so if you are tall this is a good
thing.  I am 6'4", and in the GTI, with the stock seats I was -just-
swivelling my head on the roof.  Now that I have these seats, I sit at a
more correct angle for my height.  It did take some getting used to, as the
angle of how you view the guages can change.  They are reasonably
supportive, but IMHO, I think the 16V seats are moreso.  The lower bolsters
are quite a bit thinner.  They work fine, just a bit less pressure on the
sides of your legs...  This too works out for me, as I am a paltry 245 lbs
(diet plan in the works)...
So, I guess it ultimately depends on how tall you are.

HTH

David

PS--  I have one Recaro, I think it is a trophy, the aftermarket type and
not the type that is found in the late GLI 16Vs.  That seat is by FAR the
most supportive, and comfortable car seat I have ever had.  If you have the
patience to search on Ebay for the right one/pair, or if you have the money
to get one new, it is REALLY worth it...