oxs light

> A question close to this topic, can one 86 the OXS box and use a
> single spedo cable?  I tried this with a cable of unknown origin and
> spedo reads 20mph higher than actual speed.  Is there any gearing done
> in the OXS box or do I just have the wrong spedo cable (1980 rocco
> with 020 tranny)?

I don't currently have a working speedo in my MkI (after someone with a
big grin broke it on me...), but AFAIK the gear on the end needs to match
the final drive of the tranny, they can be interchanged. So you need to
consult the Cheapassed one's beloved gear chart and then figure out what
colour gear the end of the speedo cable should be sporting. I replaced the
2 part style original to my 79 with one from a Rabbit (a few inches too
short, spun itself into oblivion) and then with the non OXS one from my 80
parts car (which should work).

Someone else can chime in, but the 3.94 needs the white gear. I plan to
fix my speedo if the car finally behaves like a gentleman and runs
properly.

--
Cathy
"A true friend is someone who thinks you are a good egg even though he