From: Tonee Northam
To: Mike Smith ; Scourge
Cc: Sciroccolist
Sent: Thursday, April 07, 2005 4:24 PM
Subject: Re: OT -Photography stuff

Here George,

I think my brother bought this one just to brag, the lense cost him another grand or so.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=6177013&productCategoryId=pcmcat44100050016&type=product&tab=1&id=1067391618803

It's really fast, but for $8K, com'on.

Tonee

Mike Smith <smithma7@gmail.com> wrote:
If you're going to buy it online, try using Froogle @ google. I've
got a Canon Powershot G2, but that's a bit out of you're price range,
going by what you're looking at. I got lucky and my wife and I split
the cost of it when we were still dating. One of these days I'll
figure out how to work ALL the bells and whistles.

On Apr 7, 2005 3:24 PM, Scourge wrote:
> This one's directed mostly at Anson, but only because I'm not sure who else is into (digital)photography on the list.
> What camera was it that you had? I'm thinking 10D but I could be wrong.
> Anyway, I'm looking at getting a D-rebel XT this summer, my S1 IS just isn't cutting it. Any suggestions on where to get it? I'm pretty sure I'm going to get it in the US because it's around $200 cheap with the exchange where it's at now. I'm not sure if there's a decent website I should grab it from, or actually come down and get it in-store.
> Any other camera's in the same class/price range you think I should look at? I have also considered the (slightly) older Rebel, but I'm not too sure it'll stack up to what I want. I know you can use the firmware hack to open up a few more features, but it still seems to lack a little for the price.
>
> thanx
> -George -still learning the magic of composition

Mike
'86 red 16v (Red 5)
"Behold the gaseous stench of Skeletor's breakfast burrito!
EHHHHhehehehehehhh!" - Skeletor