OT/OFT Batteries and Pennies

 "Pyro" and "Gas Station" in the same sentence.

Mike, is the gas station still there?

Mike Smith <smithma7@gmail.com> wrote:
I don't know anything on this penny/battery topic, but about four
years ago, I bought a little torch from the local MAC tools guy. It
worked on a basic cigarette lighter (the cheap rectangular ones, not
round like the BICs) and it would MELT a penny in about 2 minutesor
less. Was fun to do while waiting for customers behind the cash
register. I believe the outside layer of metal had a higer temp
threshhold since as soon as it was melted enough to expose the inner
metal, the inner stuff would just pour out before the outer was one
third melted. Sometimes, I would melt them halfway and then drop in
some water to make little penny sculptures. Yes, I got bored there
and I'm glad my employer didn't know I was a pyro before he hired me
at that gas station. :)

--
Mike
'86 red 16v (Red 5)