[VWC] Oil pan bolt question and a 16V parts needed question

> --- "John C. Worden" <johncworden@verizon.net> wrote:
>> I had to take the pan off on the 16V and I've got it back
>> on, except I
>> don't have the two bolts
>> that are closest to the transmission on.  They weren't on
>> when I took the
>> pan off either, but
>> I would like to have them on there.  Any tips for getting
>> them on there?  I
>> have tried the 1/4"
>> drive ratchet with socket and extension and it is too big
>> to fit in
>> there.  Is there a special tool
>> for this?

Yeah, this is one of the lovely "small hands" jobs my kid had me do on the
Valdez. (You can imagine how the car got its nickname eh? And it's a
diesel, nice black oil sludge)
So I just wandered out to the garage to refresh my memory on his most
recent "special tool" for the job, it's a heavily ground down socket, both
in socket depth and diameter, with a 1/4" universal on it. I see a little
mini Johnson bar near it too, I suspect that'd be part of the thickness
reduction required for the job. I'd tried it with a shortened socket and
wobble extensions with limited success. This new rig supposedly works
well, I can send you a picture of the "special tool" if you like.

--
Cathy
"It's not the result of when you get there, it's  everything that can