Another fuel pump question (this one maybe odd)...Part 3?

If the tach is being erratic (and not matching the engine speed truly)
then its ignition system, not fuel.

I have had a coil do this to me (just one idea) that it would short out
after it got hot.  Cheap junkyard score.  Might want to give it a shot.
Grab a ignition module too, something else to try.

--
Eric
www.vintagewatercooleds.com