Another fuel pump question (this one maybe odd)...Part 3?

Here are more symptoms:

As far as an exact time i dont know bt I have notice
that the car comes up to temp around 80C* and the
collant temp gauge is right on the center and that is
ussually when it occurs........I have been paying
attention and the last week this is what happens.

I left the car iddle on park and when it reached that
point it hesitated with the needle bouncing after
doing that a couple of times it cut off/died.

This Started some months ago with just a hesitation
noticed on the tach, and iddle of the car.(every onece
in a while like 1x/wk

It progressed to more frequent and harsher hessitation
3x/wk) now the car would act like it wanted to choke.
And I started notecing that the tach bounced a bit
more.

As of 2 weeks the car as been choking up, sputtering
like what seems to be back fire, but not from the
exahust(more like in the engine area) and finally
cutting off!! As of latelly this happens when the car
reaches warm temp (IMHO)

The car will warm up then hessitate to the point of
quitting while driving. ALl the while the tach is up
and down all over the gauge.

Also I have checked the vaccum line. All seem to be
connected and in place. I havent messed with anything
on the car(except for doing regular maintence tune up
aprox2 m ago) and this is an unmolested 1.7ltr.

I hope this helps give more light to the symptoms

Oh one more thing, When I attempt to start the car
after its dies.....It sounds like a carburated car you
know not wanting to start. It will turnoever and some
times it will get going only to die again 3 or 4 times
more. After that It will run without dying
countinuesly. Until offcourse I let it cool off and
then the process starts back up again.

TAI
TONY