Port matching

So, while I've got the head off and manifoldness I was thinking some port matching(right term?) may be a good idea. I've been told it can make a huge difference.
What's the best way to go about this?
I was thinking:
1 bolt gasket to intake manifold and mark any areas that don't match up.
2 very carefully grind away excess material
3 bolt gasket to head and mark any material to be taken off.
4 again, very carefully grind away excess material.

Will this work? Or will it just fuck up my head and manifolds? Should I do anything like this, or just leave it as is?
The head will only be off for a day or two while I'm swapping the bottom end, so sending it out to have any work done is out of the question.
For clarity sake, this is a JH head with a G-Grind cam, dual outlet manifold(will have a TTdownpipe), and intake manifold will have an audi 5K throttle body.

Any input is appreciated!
thanx
-George