What the heck is going on? Bearing or CV Joint?

Mmmmm, not normally.  However, I am sure that there is always at least one spoiler for each rule...  :-)  However, I would do the test I mentioned.  If it gets better and then worse depending on which way you are swerving, it should be a wheel bearing...  Sometimes, you can jack up the car and run it, and discover the noise, and vibration.  If you do this, TAKE THE PROPER PRECAUTIONS...  No vehicle has to become a missile, nor should any driver loose a car...

Good luck with your search,
  David