What the heck is going on? Bearing or CV Joint?

Thanks for the help.  I finally found a parts store with the proper
triple square tools. Hard item to find in this area.

I got the cv joint out and it is definitely toast. The boot is
shredded and has spun most of the grease out. I will have to get that
rebuilt tomorrow , but have to now get a new ball joint over nighted
to me as I tore the right one while trying to free the cv joint. Looks
like I am once again with out the 16V for driving pleasure.

I just hope this was all of it. I checked the drivers side cv boots
while I was under there and all looks well on that side.  Just hoping
the bearing on that side is good.

I'll update once it is all back together.

Thanks Cathy, Peter, Al, John and Don.

Looks like it is going to get right. Your help was great and timely.

Dave

--
David L. Winchell, II
'87 Scirocco 2.0L 16V