OT - b3 16v passat issues - the saga continues

hello, i have been following this story, thanks for
writing it all down, i'm still laughing about the
sacrificial rust anode.. and the bottom of the sea
crack.  i'm picturing a robotic proble pulling bits
off the titanic, hahaha.
you could try re-routing the return line into a large
fuel canister, so see if that is the problem.  but i
too have never heard of a blocked return line.
i read in my bently, or haines, manual, that the fpr
keeps over pressure fuel from damaging the system
further down the line until the engine starts... my
interpretation is that the engine will idle fine with
it seized.. just my interpretation, i'm a newby to
this CIS system.
i just had mine apart and in the bathtub.. i had oil
leaking out of it, i guess it wanted me to replace the
paper filter with an oil-soaked K&N model, and this
was its way of hinting that to me.  or not.