Breaking parts is fun

Well my company had our yearly outing at the drag strip this weekend, and
over all it was a good time.  Monika had never been to the strip before and
certainly never raced.  Cutting sub .6 lights all day and scorching to a
blistering best of 24.6 @ 52 mph in her Bug.  I'm amazed it went that fast.
I on the other hand provided the Patterson garage with enough carnage to
keep Daddy busy for a while.  Knowing full well  need to replace the Motor
Mounts in the GTI ran it any way.  That's not the best part though after
making 3 practice passes ranging from 16.7 @90 mph to a worst of 17.5
missing gears and fragging my clutch in the first round of elims.  I thought
for sure that the Golf would go faster.  hell it ran 14.00 to the 1000 ft
mark on the first run but neglecting to shift to 5th put it flat on it's
face and bumping the limiter through the lights.  Now it makes me want to
get Heinrich finished even more.  At least it looked Pimpy tucking the 205's
and the Carbon fiber hood.  Needless to say the ride home was smelly and
slow.  Heiney will run at least in the 13's next summer.  Oh Baby.

Erik

1991 GTI 16V
1978 Scirocco
1969 Beetle