Larry, I mis-spoke (Notching the piston for power)

That's why alot of airlines that fly into airports have rid themselves of the EMB-120, ATR's, etc. The deicing boot is pretty much useless under extreme icing conditions, go figure, alot of those a/c are made in Brazil.

Tonee

Lars Bruchmann <pilotlars@yahoo.com> wrote:
roselawn indiana.. terrible accident, the auto flight
system kicked off, and the plane experienced an
un-commanded aileron roll, went inverted, and dove
into the ground. a ridge of ice had formed aft of the
de-ice boot, and the turbulence (just what we're
trying to accomplish in the engines..) cause the
aileron to flip up. i am an aviation safety minor in
college.. haha.
--- Tonee Northam