Larry, I mis-spoke (Notching the piston for power)

I am jumping in late, but the argument here seems to lend itself more towards roughening the
surface of the intake tract than the combustion chamber itself.  Strategically placed dimples can
and have affected the airflow and fuel atomization in the intake tract.
http://www.theoldone.com/components/cylinderheads/ about halfway down.

Ron