USRT "Braille" batteries (was Re: Dyna-Batt)

On Mon, 2004-09-13 at 13:56, Scott F. Williams wrote:

> They crank at 360CCA which is enough to spin over even an R32 with ease. As
> for capacity, they're rated at 15Ah. And, since they're deepcycle types,
> they can be drained to a low charge and then recharged again and again
> without damage. In other words, a street-driven Scirocco is a piece of cake.

OK, MY street driven Scirocco needs to have its 23:1 motor spun at a
minimum of 250 rpm to start.  On top of that I need 60 amps for 10-15
seconds to heat up the prechambers before it turns over.  Whatever's
left of that 360 CCA (which on a 15AH battery probably isn't much)
wouldn't likely spin over the turbo, let alone the engine... :)

...Drew

--

84 Wolfsburg Ed. Scirocco GTD     http://scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca/gtd
89 Audi 200 Turbo Quattro Avant