The 75 track car - it's home...

I just got back last night from my run to the U.S. which included a stop
in Ohio for a set of "S" seats and some fine hospitality from Anson and
girlfriend.  Anson's Durocco rocks!  He (perhaps foolishly!) let me take
a turn behind the wheel, and I gotta tell ya, that thing is fast!  I was
grinning from ear to ear to the point my face started to hurt!  :)
Anson - you've inspired me to get going again on my own crazy project.
Keep giving me kicks in the ass though - I need the motivation once in a
while!

In the morning I headed to Daun's to pick up Rhett & Tarra's Mk2 and
hauled it to Dubuque Iowa for them.  Other than tiptoeing across Indiana
(I have an outstanding $175 speeding ticket there!) the trip was
uneventful (almost to the point of being downright boring - Indiana and
Illinois aren't the most exciting states to drive through, but at least
it wasn't Kansas!  :D)

After dropping the car off (I'm bummed I didn't get to at least meet
Rhett and Tarra) I headed towards Chicago and grabbed a hotel room for
the night.

Saturday morning I headed to Lombard, a suburb of Chicago, to pick up
the 75.  Don Walter (nice to see you and your son again!) stopped by to
pick up some nice hardware from the owner as well, and all felt right
with the world when more than two Scirocco nuts get together... :)

I was MORE than happy with the 75.  Here's the rundown:

- 75 (green) stripped interior and engine bay (no engine/trans)
- Rust free(!) except for two tiny small patches.  The underside is
amazingly clean (which is rare with 75's since there was practially NO
undercoating).  Fenders and floor/rockers are mint as well.  The car was
from Colorado.
- Window/door seals are original, but not shrunk.  Overall they're about
an 8.5/10
- rain tray cut out and heater fan hole patched with diamond plate
- Completely rewired with Painless Wiring fusepanel and new wire throughout
- ALL parts less than 2000 miles on them
- BSI Koni coilovers - double adjustable fronts, 350lb springs
                      - single adjustable rears, 300lb springs
- BSI rear swaybar (shine style) + stock rear swaybar (no front bar)
- Rear beam spherical bearings
- Front welded in Shine camber plates
- Delrin bushings
- 88 16V full brake setup including rear discs, pedal cluster, booster,
master cylinder, etc...  Carbotech Panther Plus pads up front, OEM rear.
- All new hubs/bearings/ball joints/tie rods/cv's, and rebuilt rack
- Autopower bolt in roll bar
- ATL fuel cell (Wellcell - fits in spare tire well) with aluminum
bulkhead and all Earls braided stainless lines and AN fittings.
- Kosei K1 15" wheels with new Kuhmo 712's.

There's probably more that I'm forgetting, but all in all, it's pretty
much ready for the track - I just have to install and
engine/tranny/management, and clean up some of the wiring...  There
won't be any time for this racing season, but that gives me lots of time
to get it ready for the spring.  I plan to do a complete autocross
series next summer and hit up as many track days/schools as possible.  I
can't freak'in wait!

Later,

Mark.
75 x2