sound deadening...

-----Original Message-----
From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Mike Smith
Sent: Thursday, September 09, 2004 7:00 PM
To: car
Subject: sound deadening...

Just playing with my thoughts here... I know, lots of fun.

If I was to sound deaden the floor of the rocco, including under the
rear seat and the trunk, what's the square footage, roughly?

In other words, if I was using Dynamat (as an example), what size
piece(s) would I need to get?

--
Mike
'86 red 16v (Red 5)

I have dynamat extreme in my GTI and love it, but I got it at discount...  I
looked around and I found what I think to be a superior product to it,
though...  Fatmat.com, you get 100 square ft for 100.00...  You even get a
roller!  :)  The Dynamat I mentioned is like 250.00 retail for each 36 sq ft
box.  I would bite the bullet and get the other stuff, and go ahead and
slowly do the other car.  I am almost out of my second box of the Dynamat,
so I will be placing an order before too long...  I still have the Caddy to
do...

My .02

David

PS-Sorry I am no help with measurements...