Lightened Flywheel -2.0l 16v

 It was the blanket type that was suggested at the track, but I figured
"blanket" was not technical enough, so used the other term. But as I
said, I don't think it's an issue for our cars, the car I saw with the
damage was a pro street car, heavily modified, and not a VW. It was,
however, one of the scariest things I've seen in my three years at the
track. The car was junk.

And FWIW, I didn't find any difference in the streetability of the lighter
flywheel, it just spins up a lot faster. I'm a fan.

Cathy