Lightened Flywheel -2.0l 16v

> Ron brought up some valid, logical concerns.  But concerns are all they
> seen
> to be.
> I must ask this: has anyone actually noticed any of these issues with a
> lightened flywheel?
> I know I didn't.
> As Ron pointed out, many of those were "potential" issues only, not
> necessarily actual.
> Larry

I'd like to echo Ron's statement. I've had one for two years, no issues,
wouldn't go back, and I need one for Klaus. I went the extra mile and had
mine balanced too, and I'd suggest it. And if you're really being abusive
to the point where it will shatter, get a splatter shield or what ever
they are called. (I saw the aftermath of a fractured one on a Talon at the
track, he's lucky he survived since it happened at 100 mph or so, flipped
his hood back onto the windsheid with enough force to shatter it, and
dropped his glass sunroof onto his lap as an extra bonus. Pretty much
totalled the car.) But I suspect our flywheels can have quite a bit of
meat taken off before they become fragile. I'm not worried about mine.

Cathy
1987 2L 16V Scirocco "the Silver Headache"
1979 1.8L 10:1 8V "Klaus- louder than a Harley"
"Misery loves company" (Old Proverb)