new suspension recommendation?

as mentioned in an earlier post, the "roads" of new orleans combined with my
H&R race/bilstein sport suspension have ripped the crap out of my car. need
to change i think. looking to get good road feel, occasional autox use, full
(or nearly so) suspension travel, and minimal lowering.  i want to keep
suspension geometry for a couple of reasons. aside from better handling, i
think the altered a-arm angle probably leads to cv/bearing wear. a couple of
1) h&r coilovers: drove these on cathy's car a few years ago and loved them.
they should give me more suspension travel, not sure about the lowering
aspects.
2) h&r cups: moderate lowering, pretty good travel i think; not much
experience with these. anyone?
3) shine setup: had this before, liked it a lot running no front bar.
minimal lowering=good travel, good geometry.  handled great.  i like running
with a front bar though, just because it feels flatter, especially on the
street. thinking about asking srs about recommended rear spring rate when
running with a front bar.  they're gonna yell at me for that.
4) h&r sports and the like still lower the car too much--do the cups lower
it the same amount? any other suggestions?

the car needs to  be fixed/painted SOON so i don't become totally disgusted
with it.

-Michael Abatzis
New Orleans!
1988 Scirocco 2L 16v RIP