16v power kicking in too late

the blet just had a bit too much play is all but its
timed right and had plenty of power and  worked
properly back then  , i realy havent noticed when it
started  not kicking in becuase i have been moslty
freeway driving . the car works fine  has good regular
hp  just the power isnt kicking in at 3k like its
spose to .