my story

I gave my 4 month old puppy, Flaps, a kiss goodnite.

Lars Bruchmann <pilotlars@yahoo.com> wrote:do things like this happen to other people as well???
my alternator belt squeels whenever i drive over some
water, so i decided to fabricate a cover that, well,
covers the bottom of it. took half a day doing that,
looks great. considering it's not visible.
alternator still squeels. friend suggests tightening
the belt. wow, you could have knocked me over with a
feather, how simple.
so, realising it is really quite loose, i start trying
to figure out how to raise it up, since there is no
way to pry-bar it up. i use a small 'c' clamp to lift
it. i then proceed to tighten the bolt.
it breaks. so now i have nothing holding the
alternator from moving around. after 30 minutes of
searching, i finally find a bolt that fits.
alternator no squeeky anymore.
the next night the car barely starts, which could be a
problem, since i deliver chinese food with it. it
finally fires, runs for 10 secs, then dies. won't
turn over anymore. we try to push start it, no go.
so i ask my friend do drive me home, before that, i
must lock the car though. i crank up the windows.
the driver's side handle breaks, clean in half. broke
right through the metal. must be left over 'titanic'
metal, or something.
car jumps fine, then runs well, i drive it home.
next day, won't start. i remove the terminals, and
wire brush them. i tighten the 10mm bolts on the
connectors, and the little nuts on the bottom gouge
into the terminal bottoms, and rotate, rendering them
useless.
i drive up to deliver some food, and my turnsignals
die, they don't light up at all. at the chinese
place, with about $40 worth in food waiting, i
frantically try to figure out why they would just die
like that. i tap the fuse, and they work again.
so friends, that was my last 24 hours. how as yours??