[no subject]

--- Lars Bruchmann <pilotlars@yahoo.com> wrote:

> 50 hours, impressive... smoh means 'since major
> overhaul'

I was a bit nervous for that first hour or two after
getting it back together - basically circled the airport.
Seems to be breaking in nicely though, oil consumption is
only about 1 quart every 25 hours or so versus leaking 1
quart every 3 hours before.  This just affirms to me that
when breaking in an engine, run it hard.

  haha, i pilot and i talked about that, i
> asked him if he was sure the paint was dry.  then he
> scared the pants off me by taking off without flaps.
> apparently , that aircraft does that, when i'ts not
> heavily loaded, quite a wing, eh??

Any wing will do it, it just depends on how much runway you
have in front of you!

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'77, '81 S, '85, '86 & '88 16v Sciroccos, '96 Passat GLX Wagon, '56 Cessna 172
"My rabbit has a human foot on his keychain.  That's not the scary part.  What I wanna know is what those keys are for." - The Four Postmen