Exernal oil cooler, coolant hose replacement?

Ah, the reminder...  :-)

Waterpump to center flange on head (JH) 026-121-053-g, 17.12 list
waterpump to heater bypass pipe 055-121-063-a, 8.80 list

I think the top listed hose will work on any engine, anyone with different experience please correct me...  The outlet in question will be straight instead of angled towards the passenger side...

HTH

David