Passed smog test!

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 09:21:25 -0700, "Dick Y Wong"
<sailingfc@dslextreme.com> wrote:

>Gordon, we have something in common.  On my Scirocco, I run the "Big Valve"
>head (S/N 377) from Drake with a Drake re-curved dist.  I can only wish I
>had a fully built engine from them.  I had them do the work when they were
>still in Irvine, CA.

I bought my motor in 1985 and, looking at my old receipts, they moved
to Yuma in the summer of 1986 so you've had it awhile.  How many miles
do have on that head?  Any work done?

If you want a Drake motor - or at least one built by the guy who was
their chief designer/builder - you can probably still have one.  He
builds race motors for USAC midgets and does restoration work on
vintage racing cars like this one:  http://www.plpracing.com/  Talk
about a rich man's sport!  Name is Stuart Van Dyne, Van Dyne
Engineering, Huntington Beach, CA.

Gordon

75 Mk I/Drake 1.9