trunk space

Yeah, I had the same trouble here, in OK...  So, I just went the expensive route, at discount...  125.00 for a 250.00 box with 36sq ft?  (IIRC)...  It took two boxes to do -everything- inside my GTI...  I think the fatmat.com is the next logical choice, or finding roofing supplies online, or traveling to colder temps...

David

> From: Gordon Forbess <gforbess@attglobal.net>
> Date: 2004/10/15 Fri AM 11:09:32 EDT
> To: fahrvegnugen@cox.net
> CC: Jacob Hawes <gr8hunter1@comcast.net>,  <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
> Subject: Re: trunk space
>
> On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 9:42:34 -0400, David Utley <fahrvegnugen@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
> >You are better off getting a specific kind of asphalt covered with an aluminum sheet.  I have been told that you can pick this up at hardware stores, called ice-break or something close?
>
> Good idea, but I looked for that stuff when I did my trunk, and in
> SoCal it was impossible to find.  Also, in areas where it's normally
> available at the Homely Depots, it's in roofer-size rolls which aren't
> cheap.  Some people claimed they checked local roofing contractors and
> begged enough to do their car.
> Gordon
>
> 75 Mk I/Drake 1.9
> http://pws.prserv.net/gforbess/scirocco/scirocco.htm