From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of rfkellner@snet.net
Sent: Tuesday, October 12, 2004 11:15 AM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: Wiper linkage

Do any of the mounting holes line up?
Rick K.

Original Message:
-----------------
From: David Winchell xavsbud@gmail.com
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 07:01:25 -0400
To: scourge@cogeco.ca, scirocco-l@scirocco.org

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 20:58:11 -0400, Scourge <scourge@cogeco.ca> wrote:
> Hey
> Does the mono wiper linkage froma MK1 fit derectly into a mk2 rocc?? Or
are there any modifications required?

> thanx
> -George

George,

It fits in fine.  The modifications come in the mounting as the holes
for bolting it down are in different locations. You either have to
extend the brackets mounting points, or create new mounting holes
(threaded) in the rain tray. You also have to find material to close
the hole that is left when you delete the second wiper.  I used the
plastic bushing that was on the hole and added a plastic cap piece
from an office chair that was no longer in use. (can snap a picture if
needed).

This is an easy mod. Remember that the 82 and 83 MKII's had this from
the factory.

HTH,

Dave

--