From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Eric S
Sent: Sunday, October 10, 2004 9:41 PM
To: T Berk
Cc: Scirocco email List
Subject: Re: Old VW Automatics - Care and Feeding

That IS the main problem, and only real way to tell is to check your
fluids often (contrary to David's belief that you should leave it
alone...uh, David, not noticing the mixing is what kills these autos).

My advise (from a previous auto tranny ower WITH leaky seals), change both
diff and atf every 6 months if you cannot afford the swap to manual, or
the cost of replacing that seal.  My old 83 still lives on to this day
doing that every 6 months...remember, this was the car I took to ND, then
the following week to Cincy quite a few years back.

--
Eric
www.vintagewatercooleds.com

1981 Scirocco S (TDI swap project)
1988 Audi 90 Quattro
1990 Corrado TDI
1991 Cabriolet (2.0 crossflow 8v project)