Forged or Cast Pistons - What's the verdict?

Had my 2L 16V block inspected by the machine shop. The cylinder walls
are good and only have .001 taper but my pistons are worn beyond what
spec allows.  They are worn .004" and the spec only allows around
.0028"

So now comes the choice Forged or Cast (stock).  Both are in the same
price range so that is not an issue.  And I will most likely be going
with 83mm over sized pistons.  Mainly because the machine shop wants
to straighten out the cylinders instead of just putting new stock
sized pistons.

Public talk seems to favor WiseCo or JE pistons.  Both are forged
type.  WiseCo seems to be regarded as a better piston and actually
costs less.  I talked to the manufacturer of WiseCo and they reassured
me that the type of problems/noise were eleiminated by newer
technology capabilities.  My machinst favored forged pistons as well
and said that the tolerances for a street machine would be tigher that
a race engine which allowed the extra slop for expansion that caused
the noisey slap heard on cold engines.

So has anyone actually used forged pistons and what has been your
experience?  Any other good suggestions?

--
Don Walter - Waukesha, WI
1986 1.8 16V Black Scirocco