Boring a 3a

Expsensive pistons man, but i might have to...

Me and Carl (a list member that I have only ever gotten 1 email from) we're
talking about this, and came up with the idea of either a 1.6 crank(80mm
stroke) or a 1.7 crank(86.4) using it with 159mm connecting rods... any idea
if this would work?  It would give a better rod ratio, but would my pistons
be smacking the head?  If it did work, would it have as much "punch" as the
regular 3a.  The displacement with a 1.6 crank would give me 1773 cc and
with a 1.7 it would give me 1915cc.

Thanks for the tip on the pistons.

Bryan
Fort McMurray, AB
81 Volkswagen Scirocco

Take charge with a pop-up guard built on patented Microsoft® SmartScreen
Technology
first two months FREE*.