Windage tray + oil pump surge baffle fitment

> From: Don Walter <dswalterwi@gmail.com>
> Date: 2004/10/05 Tue PM 08:31:49 EDT
> To: koabi@seeohdee.com
> CC: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
> Subject: Re: Windage tray + oil pump surge baffle fitment
>
> The standard Black Plastic Baffle (P/N 051 103 623) or  that clips
> onto the oil pick up tube should not be used with the metal baffle
> windage tray with an integrated rubber gasket (037 115 220 B).  The
> metal one is a full baffle and seperate the oil from splashing up onto
> the crank shaft and creating drag.

Very true.  However, it does not slow the oil as it sloshes from one side of the pan to the other.  This is the reason Koabi and I would like to use it as well.  With that in mind, and the fact that we intend to 'clearance' the plastic baffle so that there is no interference between the two, can you see any other problems with doing this?

  Also the metal one can only be
> installed if you have a pickup tube that is removable.
>
> Don

Or, if you remove the oil pump.  Actually, I would recommend doing that over removing the pick up.  The pick up has a rubber seal between it and the oil pump.  You would need to replace the seal before reinstallation.  instead, removing the oil pump does not require replacing the seal...

My .02

David

---Chrome don't get you home.---