OT jetta or passat motors?

> Parker Wulf <BADVDUB@gmail.com> wrote:
> My girl friend whats to be cool like me(lol jk),and get a
> VW.
> She is interested in a automatic passat or jetta around
> 95 or up.
> What motor should we be lookin for or stay away from?
>
> I was thinkin more of a vr6 or 1.8t, but the car is for
> her and she
> dosent need anthing fast.
> She was lookin at a diesel at the dealership here but the
> salesman
> (who i think is a asshole) said they where junk, but i
> think he was
> BSing her because of being a woman. Is this true?

For all around, I'd probably go 1.8t.  The VR is nice, and
buttah smooth, but will burn more gas while turning in
performance similar to the 1.8t.  The older TDIs are nice
though as well, and I would consider owning one.  (I was
kinda lookin' for one when my Passat came available.)  My
boyfriend just bought an '04 TDI Golf with the "new" TDI
and it's down right quick.

Find another salesman.

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'77, '81 S, '85, '86 & '88 Sciroccos, '96 Passat GLX Wagon, '56 Cessna 172
"My rabbit has a human foot on his keychain.  That's not the scary part.  What I wanna know is what those keys are for." - The Four Postmen