From: David Utley [mailto:fahrvegnugen@cox.net]
Sent: Tuesday, October 05, 2004 9:28 AM
To: koabi@seeohdee.com; Scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: Windage tray + oil pump surge baffle fitment

> From: "koabi" <koabi@mcleodusa.net>
> Date: 2004/10/04 Mon PM 10:09:09 EDT
> To: <Scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
> Subject: Windage tray + oil pump surge baffle fitment
>
> I have a 2.0 16v oil pump and baffle which will not seem to fit (the
> baffle that is) with the OEM VW windage tray.  Is there a combination
> that will work?  I would like to keep a baffle of some sort on the
pump,
> but if its useless, then I guess I'll pull it off...
>
> Thanks,
> koabi

I have not done this yet, but I believe you can indeed use both.  The
baffle will have to be modified of course.  I had planned to use a
dremel to cut off the top of the baffle, the part that skims oil of the
crank as it goes by.  AFAICT, this will work, but I have not done it
yet...

I hope that helps a bit...

David

---Chrome don't get you home.---