o2 sensor plug needed

On Mon, 2004-10-04 at 11:40, Ron Pieper wrote:
> M18x1.5 is it.  A bolt and copper washer should do the trick.  The oil drain plug sounds like the
> perfect solution.

There are two threaded holes in most older VW exhaust manifolds - the
EGR/ CO test pipe connections, which are M14 X 1,5 and can be plugged by
a VW oil drain pan plug, and the O2 sensor hole (for those equipped)
which is M18X1,5.  I used an 18mm spark plug to plug the O2 hole in my
A2's downpipe, only because I had some 18mm plugs lying around from one
of the old tractors.

> Probably won't find this tap in a common set, it's a bit out of the ordinary.

A spark plug thread chaser for 18mm plugs would work.

Drew

--

84 Wolfsburg Ed. Scirocco GTD     http://scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca/gtd
89 Audi 200 Turbo Quattro Avant