Jetta Tire Question

David Utley wrote:
> I can't imagine why there would be any problems with that size.  It is
> narrower, so therefore you will not have any rubbing issues.  The profile is
> the same, so you will not have any issue with the speedo being off.  Go for
> it...
>
> Cheers,
>   David

Keep in mind the profile isn't an absolute number, it's a ratio.

196/65 = 195 mm wide tire and a side wall that is 65% of that.

A 205/65 tire in the same rim size means the over all outside dimension
is larger, the hight of the sidewall is 65% of 205mm, and so on.

<http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/general/size.jsp>

Or even better, go here;

<http://www.scirocco.org/tires>

Looks like the difference between 195 and 185 is negligible, and most
folks like to use a narrower tire in the snow anyway, I say go for it.

TBerk