What I learned today

> Dude, I have had the whole (well, 85%) of the combined trans/motor
> weight held by the speedo cable.
>

> TBerk

Well, the speedo cable had been carefully preserved in this case. And the
grounds were all off too. But it was a real dirty drop, axles still in
place, struts detached at the top and droppped with the engine /transaxle/
control arms/sway bar/ hubs. So a brake line was the prime offender. But
as I said, it wasn't my worry, not my car!!! One of the most interesting
engine removals I've seen though.

Cathy
1999 TDI New Beetle
1987 2L 16V Scirocco
1979 1.8L 10:1 8V
"Deja moo- the feeling you've heard this bull before"