OT: Vag-Com Setup

Chris,

Have you gotten a recall notice this week?

Mine showed up on my b-day.

Tonee

Christopher Grossi <cgrossi@dwc.edu> wrote:
I need to do a further diagnostic on a 2001 Jetta with a check engine light a glowing. I stopped by an Autozone and got a basic OBD code which was P0420 which tells me all the conclusive information that it is "Catalyst System,Bank1 Efficiency Below Threshold" whatever the heck that means. I am thinking o2 sensor, but even if that is true the car has two and I don't know which one it is. Anyhow to make this short, I am inquiring to see if anyone near the Nashua, NH area has the VAG-Com setup so I can further diagnose this problem. I don't want to spend $80 at the dealer to have them plug in a computer and spit out what it is. Doesn't seem to be worth $80 for 1 minute worth of work now does it, and I think the term work for plugging a laptop into a plug and turning the key to the on position is stretching it :). Thanks again.

Chris
P.S. First thought that came to mind when the light came on was I should sell this and just drive the Scirocco. I bought the car to replace a 92 Jetta that I was finding myself fixing quite a bit. Honestly I cannot say this one has been much better. Only thing that kept me sane was it was under warranty, but now it's not. Urg urg.