OT: Re: What I learned today

I remember seeing a silver NB w/a six at a dealer a couple years ago, but didn't actually stop to take a closer look at it.

Crumple? I think the airbags just delay the six on it's way to my legs.

Tonee
C Boyko <roccit_53@scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca> wrote:

> Cathy, I've actually had dreams were I owned a 1.8t NB and enjoyed it, but
> to work on the newer vdubs it a PITA.
>
> Tonee
>
> btw; Does the NB come with a VR?

No, the Beetle Cup cars had a six of some sort, but you lose too much
crumple zone for the real world, the Cup cars had a special body kit on
the front as well. But there's a body rework for the next gen (which I
haven't bothered to look at), so maybe they'll do a Super New Beetle and
cram a six in there. Just more weight...which it doesn't need. Mine's been
a lot of fun, I'll be keeping it a while yet. But they'll be ugly old
cars, and run like hell from the cabby version, every tech I've talked to
complains about them. My bug's 5 1/2 and it still feels new.

I had a dream of a metallic school bus yellow 1.8T, but it was in a MkI,
not a bug. When I win the lottery...it's my favorite fantasy.

Cathy
1999 TDI New Beetle
1987 2L 16V Scirocco
1979 1.8L 10:1 8V
"Deja moo- the feeling you've heard this bull before"

Elmhurst, IL.
mk3 Corrado VR6 (Baby)
mk4 Angry Bunny GLX VR6 (Sleeper)
pv4 Plymouth Voyager SE (Wife's Winter Driver)
b3 Passat GLX VR6 (Now Jarrett's Newer B3)

(Honda, The Other White Meat)