a3 springs on a1?

-----Original Message-----
   i was looking into different spring information, more for towing
capabilites than racing, and came across a reference that a3 springs
could be substituted for a1 springs AND be stiffer due to the weight
differences between the two. any idea if this is truly the case? thanx.

When I bought my Scirocco, the previous owner included a set of A3 jetta
springs, saying the same thing.  He used to work in a VW dealer parts
dept and had built a track only A3.  I've since heard from another
lister that the spring swap is not possible/worth doing.  I've not tried
it yet, but might this winter.  Take that for what it's worth.

-Grant-