O/T: The kind of folks I work with...

Bad Muffler Bearing? Yes maam, they do go bad.

David Utley <fahrvegnugen@cox.net> wrote:
Okay, this was too stupid not to share and since the list is slow...

I just heard a story about one of the service writers here, we have four and -none- of them are mechanical at all... First, a little background on this fella. He has been with the company at least 12 to 13 years. First, he was a car salesman. Next, he was a finance manager. Then he was new car manager over Kia. NOW, he is a service writer (he is too good an ass-kisser to be fired, I s'pose). Okay, he was consoling a customer about their car pulling to the right... He replied, " Oh, that is a feature of VWs, that's deliberate. They do that so that if you fall asleep, it will go off the road instead of into traffic..." Okay, with that logic, then the sludging problems with the 1.8Ts in the Passat is actually a feature that stops the car from over-revving, right? (banging head)...

Okay, another story... One of the other service writers wrote a ticket with the line description as follows: 'Customer states there is a noise from the harmonic balancer, check radio and replace as necessary..." Like I said, they are not mechanical...

Have a good day today...

David <--- Doing time in the stupid house, yo...

Chrome may make it bling, but it don't make the engine sing...