From: Tonee Northam [mailto:pb3vr6@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 18, 2004 10:57 PM
To: David Utley; Lars Bruchmann; Julie Macfarlane; rocco.crossing@gmail.com; worden10@msn.com
Cc: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: RE: Re: Momentary mumble.

I was at the meeting on Wednesday, where's my discount?

David Utley <fahrvegnugen@cox.net> wrote:

Well, one more I can share... About a year ago, a guy came in looking for
some trim pieces for his 98 or so GTI... I saw he had Kansas plates, so I
mentioned to him that there was a club in town called OKC Wet Dub, as it
appeared he had must moved here. I gave him a card, and told him that he
should come to at least one meeting. If he did that, he gets nearly a third
off the over-the-counter prices, or bascially jobber. But you have to com e
to one meeting, that is the only rule to get the discount... He was kind of
a prick, he treated me like I was stupid, I blew it off...

Anyways, I did not see the dude again, for nearly 7-8 months. Anyways, here
he comes, and he needs a back glass for his car. A 380.00 dollar back
glass... He said when he tried to order it at the counter that he was a
club member, and that he was due a discount. I said, "Yeah? What club?"
He said, "The water-coolers." "You mean, OKC Wet Dub?" "Yeah, that's it."
"Okay, when did you come to a meeting?" He said, "Last Monday, they have a
meeting first Monday of the month." I answered, "Well, actually that was a
holiday, so we moved it to Wednesday that week. SO, I don't think you will
get a discount today. Perhaps after you come to a meeting?"

I occassionally get a chance to mistreat wrongdoers... Don't lie to me,
putz... :)

David

Okay, I am done. Someone else surely has some funny stories of how stupid
people can be, as seen from work....?