further (fuel delivery) weirdness

Does the drain valve on the main pump send gas back to the tank via the
same tank penetration that the fuel booster pump is located?  One of
the times I was goofying with it I pulled both the hose connections
from the booster pump and turned the key.  Nothing came out of the hose
closest to the passenger side but the other hose shot gas all over the
place (myself included).

Where is the valve located and can I replace just it?

-scott