OBD Crap

Vortex is where I got ALL my codes for my mk4, those guys are pretty helpful on the newer vw's.

Brian Wagner <dagnamit@gmail.com> wrote:http://www.bentleypublishers.com/tech/vw/vw.dtc.table.htm

this is the DTC codes table direct from Bentley

MIsfires are common on the A4 cars, did the check engine light and ASR
light come on? If so the MAF sensor failed, if not if there was an
evaporator code tighten the gas cap. I know it sounds stupid but that
is a common problem and happens all the time.

Do this remove the positive and negative battery cables and touch them
together (disclaimer: only do this with both cables removed from the
battery) this will dump the DTC memory. Then reconnect the battery and
start the car, any more lights? If so go to Autozone and get the basic
codes and post them again and compare to the table at the Betley site.

Also go to www.vwvortex.com Technical VagCom and find someone in you
area that is will to VagCom the car.

Brian

ps don't post the P codes on the VagCom forums it will just get locked

pss if it is the MAF and if the car has less than 70,000miles VW will
replace it for free.