OBD Crap

Okay, so my Mother's A4 Jetta quit running today.  So I give it the once
over nothing looks really out of place.  I trek down to the local parts
store to rent a code scanner.  I tcomes back with a Miss-fire on #4 and No
signal fron Eng speed cir.  But then it rattles off a whole slew of "Factory
Only" codes.  GRRRRRReat.  F'n VW.  So I do a little digging on the net and
find that the other codes are Injector ground shorts and Tank Vent sort to
ground, and Evap control short to ground.  WTF!  That leads me to believe
that all the grounds took a shit over night.  Any input?

Thanks,

Erik