MK1 Engine removal shortcuts?

Getting it out is easy.  Disconnect everything and use the hoist to drop it out the bottom, then
slide it from under the car.  Installation is reverse of removal.  Just be careful, they fall fast
and hard!

IMO this is easier than lifting it out and you can keep the hood on too.

Ron

--- Edward Effinger <Eeffinger@conestogac.on.ca> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> We're about to swap the 1.5 with a GTI motor on my
> brothers 78 rocco.
>
> Are there any shortcuts to this engine removal?
>
> I assume the engine/trans have to come out together
> and then split.
>
> He has an engine hoist so we plan to take it out from the top.
>
> I welcome your suggestions.
> Ed 81S rocco

=====
Cheapass Ron
"Victor Jr." - '81 Scirocco S 7SM
2.0L 16V w/ Megasquirt, Quaifed GL 4-speed
It's Alive!!!