rocco's

> Maybe cause most of the people driving Sciroccos never knew what a brand
> new one was like. If you
> don't maintain a car it goes downhill. It takes a conscientous effort to
> keep them in shape and most
> people don't know how or want to make the effort (Cathy being the biggest
> exception!).

Thanks Dan! (why me?) Am I the exception because I'm the only one on the
list old enough to have seen one of these cars new in the showroom? I DID
buy a new 87 VW in 87 (The Valdez, still have it, now the kid's Jetta) I
just couldn't afford a Rocc back then. I'd say my 87 Rocc is better than
when I got it, but it REALLY needed love when I got it four years ago.
Klaus? He was awesome when I got him, so I may have actually hurt his
condition with my flair on the dash. But it's all in fun. He'll be really
nice when I'm done with him.

I'd say I've seen a lot of Roccs that have been nicely improved by their
owners, but it's really more like getting a new child than a car, they
need such constant attention at this point in their lifespans, often to
undo years of neglect. Hopefully mine will slow down the demands on my
time, but I'd just likely get another one to be mother to anyway. Heck,
maybe I already have that next one. I have a new 88 Jetta in my life, not
sure what its fate will be. Maybe the cycle is beginning all over again!

Cathy
1999 TDI New Beetle
1987 2L 16V Scirocco
1979 1.8L 10:1 8V
"Scirocco-(noun)- A hot wind which causes severe headaches"