Seen on eBay/ Now My Target Experience/ESP discussion

yeah, i guess i didn't know the A class thing started
all that ESP stuff.
i guess if they had had ESP, they would have known
their cars were about to roll over... get it?? ESP??
huh???  anyways...
yes, i drive in constant fear of a top-heavy SUV
rolling onto my little mk1... on the flip side, i can
almost drive under those really large ones... ;)
--- Marc Getty <marc@getty.net> wrote:

> I saw that thing on CNN last night too. Eventually
> ESP will be mandatory on
> all vehicles. This is mostly because SUVs suck by
> their very nature.
>
> Regarding the A-class scandal, the best part about
> it is DB's ability to
> stand back afterwards and look at how ESP may have
> just saved the company
> (rather then recall 10s of thousands of cars), *AND*
> they just invented
> something kick-ass at the same time.
>
> BTW: the MB's 3rd generation of ESP (as was in my
> C230) is the best
> implementation of ESP I have seen. VW & BMW both sap
> way too much power
> away. MB's ESP can save your ass and still provide
> you plenty of power at
> the same time.
>
> -Marc with an non-ESP '87 16v

=== message truncated ===