pics of my GTI

Good assesment, I would buy it...  I like to know where words evolved from, 9 time out of 10 it is stranger than fiction...  Example...  'The Whole Nine'...  IIRC, this came from WWII.  Whomever was loading the machine gun (which ever type it was), would ask the shooter if they wanted the 'whole nine yards' of rounds.  This was apparently an issue because the longer the ammunition, the higher likleyhood of jamming...  If someone has a better memory than mine, please feel free to correct me...

Cheers,
  David

> From: Mike Smith <smithma7@gmail.com>
> Date: 2004/11/08 Mon PM 04:02:29 EST
> To: fahrvegnugen@cox.net
> CC: marc_scirocco <marc_scirocco@sympatico.ca>,  scirocco-l@scirocco.org
> Subject: Re: RE: pics of my GTI
>
> props...  <----  Where the shit did that word come from, anyways?
> >
> > David
>
> Dictionary.com:
>
> props
>
> n : proper respect; "I have to give my props to the governor for the
> way he handled the problem"
>
> Off the top of my head, I'd have to say that it came from the fact
> that a prop is a support.  And then slang made it the way it is.   In
> the above example, if you switch props for support, it still works
> fine.
>
> Amateur wordsmith,
> --
> Mike